Liked

Pin It

Famous Quotes Of Mahatma Gandhi-4


When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall -- think of it, ALWAYS.


The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within.

Must I do all the evil I can before I learn to shun it? Is it not enough to know the evil to shun it? If not, we should be sincere enough to admit that we love evil too well to give it up.
I do not want to foresee the future. I am concerned with taking care of the present. God has given me no control over the moment following. 

Mental violence has no potency and injures only the person whose thoughts are violent. It is otherwise with mental non-violence. It has potency which the world does not yet know.

I have also seen children successfully surmounting the effects of an evil inheritance. That is due to purity being an inherent attribute of the soul. 

A policy is a temporary creed liable to be changed, but while it holds good it has got to be pursued with apostolic zeal.

I have nothing new to teach the world. Truth and Non-violence are as old as the hills. All I have done is to try experiments in both on as vast a scale as I could.

The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problem.

I have worshipped woman as the living embodiment of the spirit of service and sacrifice.

Poverty is the worst form of violence.

I know, to banish anger altogether from one's breast is a difficult task. It cannot be achieved through pure personal effort. It can be done only by God's grace. 

I have learned through bitter experience the one supreme lesson to conserve my anger, and as heat conserved is transmitted into energy, even so our anger controlled can be transmitted into a power that can move the world.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.

I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won't presume to probe into the faults of others.

Prayer is a confession of one's own unworthiness and weakness.

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent. 

Let everyone try and find that as a result of daily prayer he adds something new to his life, something with which nothing can be compared.

I reject any religious doctrine that does not appeal to reason and is in conflict with morality.

What is a man if he is not a thief who openly charges as much as he can for the goods he sells?

I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.

It is the quality of our work which will please God and not the quantity.

I will far rather see the race of man extinct than that we should become less than beasts by making the noblest of God's creation, woman, the object of our lust. 

I would heartily welcome the union of East and West provided it is not based on brute force.

If co-operation is a duty, I hold that non-co-operation also under certain conditions is equally a duty. 

If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide. 

If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm. 

If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children. 

Imitation is the sincerest flattery. 

In a gentle way, you can shake the world. 

In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place.


Page No. 1   2   3   4   5  6   7   8

If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you Subscribe to our regular Email Updates

If You Found Something Useful, Then Kindly share This Now:
Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Facebook Twitter
साँझा करें Share It Now !
StumpleUpon DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google Twitter FaceBook

Comments
0 Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your Suggestions are valuable for me.

page rank
 

Thanks for your arrival

Free counters!

Followers

Stay Connected by Email Notifications

Your Precious Arrival !

© 2011-2013. Just Jocking All Rights Reserved Arvind Jangid, Sikar, Rajasthan. Template by Mast Blog Tips | Back To Top |